Homeopathy approach towards symptoms of pregnancy.
Pregnancy is the term used to describe the period in which a fetus develops inside a woman’s womb or uterus. Pregnancy usually lasts about 40 weeks, or just over 9 months, as measured from the last menstrual period to delivery.
The most common early signs and symptoms of pregnancy.
- Missed period: Once conception has happened; the body produces hormones that stop ovulation and the shedding of the lining of your uterus. This means the cycle has stopped and won’t have a period again until after the baby is born.
- Tender, swollen breasts: Early in pregnancy hormonal changes that become breasts sensitive and sore. The discomfort will likely decrease after a few weeks as body adjusts to hormonal changes.
- Morning sickness: which can strike at any time of the day or night, often begins one month after become pregnant. However, some women feel nausea earlier and some never experience it.
- Increased urination: urinating more often than usual. The amount of blood in your body increases during pregnancy, causing your kidneys to process extra fluid that ends up in your bladder.
- Fatigue: Fatigue also ranks high among early symptoms of pregnancy. During early pregnancy, levels of the hormone progesterone soar which make feel sleepy.
First trimester (week 1–week 12):
During the first trimester the body undergoes many changes. Hormonal changes affect almost every organ system in your body. These changes can trigger symptoms even in the very first weeks of pregnancy. Symptoms in first trimester:
- Extreme tiredness
- Tender, swollen breasts. Nipples might also stick out.
- Morning sickness
- Cravings or distaste for certain foods
- Mood swings
- Frequent urination
- Weight gain or loss
The selection of homeopathy medicine given in first trimester are:
- Lacticum acidum
- Nux vomica
- Calcarea phosphorica
- Ferrum phos
Second trimester (week 13–week 28):
The symptoms like nausea and fatigue are going away. But other new, more noticeable changes happen in body. The abdomen will expand as the baby continues to grow. And before this trimester is over, women will feel the baby beginning to move. The symptoms in second trimester:
- Body aches, such as back, abdomen, groin, or thigh pain
- Stretch marks on the abdomen, breasts, thighs, or buttocks
- Darkening of the skin around the nipples
- A line on the skin running from belly button to pubic hairline
- Patches of darker skin, usually over the cheeks, forehead, nose, or upper lip. Patches often match on both sides of the face. This is sometimes called the mask of pregnancy.
- Numb or tingling hands, called carpal tunnel syndrome
- Itching on the abdomen, palms, and soles of the feet
- Swelling of the ankles, fingers, and face.
The selection of homeopathy medicine given in second trimester are:
- Rhus tox
- Carbo veg
- Mercurius vivus
Third trimester (week 29–week 40):
Some of the same discomforts you had in your second trimester will continue. Many women find breathing difficult. This is because the baby is getting bigger and it is putting more pressure on your organs.
Some new body changes you might notice in the third trimester include:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of the ankles, fingers, and face
- Tender breasts: which may leak a watery pre-milk called colostrum
- Belly button may stick out
- Trouble sleeping
- The baby “dropping”, or moving lower in abdomen
- Contractions, which can be a sign of real or false labor
The selection of homeopathy medicine given in third trimester are:
- Nux vomica
- Coffea crud
Homeopathy stimulates the body’s natural healing response by giving it very small doses of highly diluted substances. Homeopathic remedies are considered safe for pregnant woman.
The remedies help to relieve the symptoms. Examples:
- soreness that comes from physical exertion and muscle strain
- soreness after labor and delivery
- hemorrhoids that follow childbirth.
- Help to strengthen a woman who tends toward easy tiredness, poor digestion, cold hands and feet, and poor absorption of nutrients.
- Some women who need this remedy find only “junk food” appealing during pregnancy, or have cravings for smoked and salty food.
- A history of easy tooth decay and aching bones and joints can also suggest a need for this remedy.
- Often irritable because of tiredness, and may long for travel or a change of circumstances.
- Helpful to women with weak muscle tone in the uterus.
- A history of irregular periods, slow and difficult labor with previous deliveries, or weakness of the cervix may bring this remedy to mind.
- The woman may feel erratic pains like sticking needles, or episodes of contracting pain. She typically feels nervous, shaky, and trembling.
- This remedy can be helpful to a woman who feels weak and faint during pregnancy, with poor circulation, a general feeling of coldness, and a craving for fresh or moving air.
- Frequent digestive upsets with burning pain and a tendency to belch
- Tired from overwork, many pregnancies close together
- Women who are nervous and talkative, with a tendency to feel fearful and gloomy during pregnancy.
- Overagitated and fear a miscarriage.
- Sometimes having pains that feel like labor pains too early, or pains that shoot from hip to hip and down the thighs.
- A woman who has a sturdy build, but looks very pale and wear, flushing red from any exertion or emotion.
- Correcting anemic tendencies.
- Nervous, sensitive women who often feel weak or tired, with easy flushing of the face and a tendency toward anemia.
- A woman who needs this remedy often has a slender build and may develop frequent neck and shoulder stiffness.
- Indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain, and constipation during pregnancy.
- Impatient, irritable, and chilly.
- This remedy is often helpful at times of strong hormonal changes, especially to women who are moody and emotional, and want a lot of affection and attention.
- Crave desserts or butter and may overeat, which can lead to indigestion and nausea, or excessive weight-gain.
- Pregnant women who need this remedy feel uncomfortable in hot weather and in stuffy rooms, improving from gentle exercise in open air.
- Swollen and painful breasts
- Women who are tired, dragged out, and irritable during pregnancy (feeling overburdened by demands of family members, or with little enthusiasm for the pregnancy).
- Poor circulation, nausea, constipation, a tendency toward accidental urine loss, and a feeling of sagging or weakness in the pelvic floor, and an energy-boost from exercise
- Gnawing, intermittent nausea with an empty feeling in the stomach
- varicose veins, venous congestion.
- Worse from warm, moist air.
- veins affected by pressure from the fetus and lameness.
- Worse on left side and from warm bath or warm bed.
- sleeplessness due to too many thoughts, any pain, or excitement.
- Indicated for “classic morning sickness”:
- Nausea worse immediately on waking in the morning and on opening the eyes.
- The woman may salivate a lot and have burning stomach pain.
- Decent appetite and feels better after eating.
- Dislike of food in general.
- Dislike smell of food.
- Persistent violent nausea.
- Complaints recur periodically at regular or intermittent intervals.
- Vomiting with headache, worse after eating and bending down.
- Pain and stiffness at lower back
- Pain worse while sitting
- Pain better when moving, lying on something
- Mercurius vivus:
- Itchy pustular eruptions worse from the warmth of the bed.
- Easy perspiration but patient not relieved by it.
- Skin is continuously moist.