Allergic rhinitis, also known as nasal allergy, is not considered to be life-threatening. Allergic rhinitis is an overreaction of the immune system (body defense system that often helps in protecting your body from non-infectious inhaled particles) to the allergen. Allergen is any substance that can trigger allergic reaction. However, it can drastically affect a patient’s quality of life. It is one of the common chronic complaints that influence health in long period of time. Therefore, early therapeutic help is necessary to avoid health consequences.
The Most Common Trigger Factor and symptoms for Allergy
The allergic symptoms are developed within a few minutes to hour of being exposed to the things somebody is allergic to.
The most common Indoor and Outdoor Allergens are:
- Dust Allergy
The dust allergy is the most commonly found allergy in many people. One dust particle contains pet dander, pieces of dead cockroaches, and mold spores, along with dead skin and dust mites. Dust mites are generally found in your old mattress, bedding, pillows, and blankets etc. They prefer to live in warm damp places. They are so tiny creature cannot be seen in naked eyes. Dust mites like to eat dead skin from pets and humans that shed out of your body.
The most common Symptoms develop after exposed to dust:
- Itching of eyes
- Redness of eyes with teary eyes
- Regularly Sneezing
- Itching stuffy nose
- Common cold like runny nose
- Sometimes Difficulty in breathing, coughing, shortness of breath
- Food allergy
Food allergies are most commonly seen in children and babies, but can occur at any age too. The body’s immune system protects you from the various outside invaders starting from bacteria to any foreign particle. Even any type of protein what the people eat sometimes body feel of threaten and do attack them to get those out. Though those food eat regularly does not give any reaction in past but have the chance of sometimes it reacts and make fall in sick. There are many foods which develop allergic reaction in people.
The proteins it contains of these foods sometimes causes the triggering of allergic reaction. The most common are given below.
- Tree nuts
Pollens are fine yellowish powder like substances that is transported from plant to plant by the wind, by birds or insects or by other animals and come in contact to your nose or nasal passage. This reacts adversely with some people who are allergic to pollens. The pollen allergy is also called hay fever.
The common symptoms of pollen allergy are:
- Itchy with runny nose
- Recurrent Sneezing
- Nasal congestion or stuffy nose
- Congested, itchy, Watery eyes
- Itchy throat, nose and ears
- Difficulties in breathing, Wheezing and respiratory distress
- Animal dander
Animal dander is nothing but the dead skin cell of animals. Almost all pets, such as kittens, dogs, birds, and rats have animal dander. These are the common trigger factor for various respiratory allergic diseases such as allergic rhinitis, allergic bronchial asthma.
The common symptoms of animal dander allergy are:
- Frequently Sneezing one after another
- Itchy of nose, itchy eyes, Itchy ears, watery eyes
- Watery nasal discharge with irritation feeling inside the nose
- Nasal Congestion or stuffy nose
- Breathing difficulties with tightness feeling of chest
- Urticaria or hives likes rashes also appear on skin.
- Various drugs
There are numerous medicines or drugs which are reacts negatively or badly in your body and it develops various allergic symptoms. These allergic symptoms develop from this drug reaction. It may differ from person to person. All drugs do not give any reaction but some few drugs which reacts to certain people who are allergic to those drugs in their body.
The most common Drugs are:
- Antibiotics, such as penicillin
- Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen
- Monoclonal antibody therapy
Common symptoms of a drug allergy:
- Hives like skin rashes
- Itchy eyes and skin
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, or face.
- Wheezing and breathing difficulty
The color paint contains some chemicals which are allergic to some people.
The common symptoms occurred in paint allergy:
- Breathing difficulty
- Wheezing sound
- Itching rashes on skin
- Urticaria or hives like symptoms
Fragrances become a part of our daily life. But some people get hypersensitive reaction with some fragrances of Hair spray, soap, body and facial lotion, hair shampoo or conditioner, Face wash, cosmetics, deodorant and barber spray contain fragrance.
Common Symptoms of fumes allergy:
- Watery nasal Discharge with itching inside the nose.
- Itching of eyes, redness of eyes,
- Coughing and difficulty in breathing
- Post nasal drip
- Cold Air
- Hyper sensitive to cold air or cold weather
Shows cold like symptoms during cold winter season, changing climate or season change. The allergic symptoms are developed when they do expose to the cold air.
Various allergic symptoms like:
- Sneezing with runny nose
- Difficulty in breathing with wheezing sound in chest.
- Sore throat or tonsillitis
- Insect Sting Allergy
Most of the people are allergic reaction to insect stings. The majority of insect stings come from wasps, yellow jackets, hornets and bees.
Various Symptoms of insect sting:
- Pain, Redness, Swelling (in area of sting and sometimes beyond)
- Anaphylaxis (less common), a potentially life-threatening reaction that impairs breathing and can cause the body to go into shock
Cockroaches are crawling across your kitchen floor in the middle of the night. They can be an allergy trigger as well. The saliva, feces and shedding body parts of cockroaches can trigger both asthma and allergies.
Various allergic symptoms like:
- Nasal congestion
- Skin rash
- Ear infection
- Sinus infection
Factors that can increase risk for developing allergies
- Have a family history of asthma or allergies
- Children are more susceptible
- Cigarette smoke
- Births during high-pollen seasons. Those babies born during high-pollen seasons may be more sensitive to hay fever allergens later in life.
- Allergen exposure. Early exposure to allergens like mold, pollen, dust mites, pet dander, cockroaches, and some types of food seems to increase your risk of developing allergies.
- Being a bottle-fed baby.
- Being born prematurely. Premature babies have a higher risk of developing allergies later in life.
- Having one or more parents who have nasal allergies. Children have allergies if just one of their parents have allergies, then their risk is nearly 70%.
- Environmental issues and lifestyle changes, Urban living, higher exposure to dust mites, atmospheric pollution, nutrition, lifestyle changes, maternal smoking, diesel fumes, geography, the “hygiene hypothesis,” the strongest risk factor for the development of allergies/asthma.
- Skin prick test: This test uses a small amount of purified allergen extract that is pricked into the skin of your arm and then it is observed for any signs of an allergic reaction. Positive test for this test would be a raised bump at the tested site that will confirm your allergy to the injected substance.
- Intradermal tests: In this test, the allergen extract is injected between layers of the skin and observed for allergic reaction on the tested site.
- Blood test: check for the immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibody in the blood; the immune system produces this antibody in response to a suspected allergen.
Scope of Homeopathy
Constitutional Homeopathy treatment helps to rectify or modify the sensitive nature of the immune system of an allergic person so gives a long-term cure. If one person’s immune system has become hypersensitive, so under the back ground there must be something that has made it such like. So, what are the things that have made the immune system so hypersensitive? So here a homeopathy physician try to find out what is the exact factor has been suppressed and select accordingly one constitutional remedy which helps to modify his immune system to work normally.
The constitutional homeopathy treatment offers a long-term cure to the allergic patient. Besides that, there are many remedies which are given to manage the acute symptoms of allergic disease. At the time of acute crises of allergic problem there are various medicines specifically used for a specific symptom can be given to manage the acute condition. Homeopathic medicines treat respiratory problem along with skin problem too. The direction of cure https://sofeahomeopathycenter.com/herings-law-of-cure/
There is thin watery discharge from the nose with burning sensation, recurrent sneezing one after another with runny nose. Burning and tearing of eyes. There is puffiness around eyes, stuffy nose. The person has an asthmatic tendency with breathing difficulties, and oppression of chest which is generally worse when he lies down. On sitting with a forward bending posture makes the patient little comfort from his asthmatic problem. There is marked wheezing sound during asthmatic affection. The asthma is worse in wet cold weather. Besides that, the constitutional symptoms of arsenic alb are anxiety, restlessness, prostration, burning sensation. The anxiety that is found in Arsenic alb is intermingled with fear. The other prominent symptoms are debility, exhaustion, restlessness, with nightly aggravation. Great exhaustion after a slightest exertion.
There is itching with redness of eyes in allergic condition. The itching is followed by burning sensation and relieved by cold application. Sulphur patient is always irritable, depressed, thin and weak, but good appetite. He is having forgetful nature, difficulties in thinking. He has many good ideas but cannot implement it. Selfish type person, no regards for others. very lazy person, not cleanness, never look after about his dressing and clothing. Don’t like to take bath. Having of skin diseases always. The skin rashes itch a lot generally in night and warm atmosphere. The person has a feeling congestion or oppression of chest in asthmatic condition.
Natrum mur is generally well indicated in case of allergic condition which gives the symptoms of more itching of nose, throat, ear with recurrent sneezing one after another. The characteristic discharge from the mucous membranes is watery or thick whitish, like the white of an egg. Natrum mur patient is very sensitive in nature. Everything he/she takes into the heart. The person is irritable in nature and when in upset does not like any body’s present or giving of any consolation. Consolation aggravated the state of the mind – the melancholy, the tearfulness, sometimes brings on anger. The Natrum mur patient is extremely emotional. The whole nervous economy is in a state of fret (visible anxious like scratching finger on her skin in worry). Completely or desperately in love brings on complaints. The natrum mur patient desire to take extra salt in his diet.
It has good action on mucous membrane of the nose and the lachrymal glands, producing coryza and symptoms like hay-fever. There is spasmodic sneezing one after another. symptoms of hay-fever or allergic rhinitis with itchy nose and fluent coryza. Either nostril stuffed up, inspiration through nose labored, snoring. Violent sneezing is occurred from time to time, shaking abdomen followed by lachrymation. There is runny nose with severe frontal headache and redness of eyelids.
Allium Cepa is one of the most commonly used Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis. It is generally used in the symptoms of severe runny nose that drips from the tip of nose with watery eyes. There is burning of nose due to over secretion mucous. Along with the watery nasal discharge there is watery eye. There is profuse sneezing associated with runny nose and watery eyes.
The patient is very susceptible to catch cold. The physical constitution is lean and thin.If there is family history of tuberculosis or bronchial asthma then is more suitable to give this medicines in any allergic or asthma condition. The person is very depressed, melancholic, taciturn sulky nature.
Symptoms for this remedy are centered in the eyes: profuse tearing that is acrid and burning in nature; bland, non-irritating nasal discharge. Respiratory symptoms (runny nose, cough) are worse on rising in the morning; symptoms are better in open air and in the dark.
Arsenic Iod is an effective homeopathic medicine for rhinitis with burning nasal discharge. Thin, watery, hot discharge drips from the nose. The discharge tends to cause soreness and redness of the upper lip. Irritation, tingling of the nose with a constant desire to sneeze is present. Irritating watery secretions and marked burning and smarting in eyes are also noted.
Histaminum is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating allergy. It helps reduce the hypersensitivity of the immune system. Histaminum helps in controlling symptoms of allergy, like sneezing, runny nose, and congestion. It also helps in asthmatic conditions arising from allergies.
Fits of sneezing with watery eyes are the main indicative symptoms of using this medicine. Profuse coryza (inflammation of mucous membranes), loss of smell and paroxysmal (sudden, intense) coughing with tightness in chest and difficulty in breathing are some other indicating symptoms.
It is indicated when fluent acrid discharge from the nose with a blocked nose, increased mouth breathing, raw and sore nostrils, irritated upper lip from the discharge, pain at the root of the nose and night sneezing are the indicating symptoms of this remedy.
Galphimia Glauca is a significant homeopathic medicine for allergy. It is indicated for burning discharges from the eyes and nose. Sneezing also appears to worsen in the morning. Itching in eyes (especially in the morning) and swelling of the eyelids is also noted.