Emotions is an acute disturbance of an organism as a whole, physiological in origin involving behaviour, conscious experience and visceral functioning.
Emotions will be expressed as:
- Facial expression: anger, fear, joy, redness of face, expression of the eyeball, etc.
- Voice: variations in vocal expression in different circumstances are more dependable than facial expression itself.
- Body language: attacking attitude in anger, the on run when afraid, still when puzzled, sitting when bowed head in sadness and many other bodily postures are noticeable.
Type of emotions
- Positive emotions: Pleasant emotions like amusement, love, curiosity, joy and happiness which are helpful and essential to the normal development are termed as positive emotions.
- Negative Emotions: Unpleasant emotions like fear, anger, jealousy which are harmful to the well-being and development of an individual are termed as negative emotions
EMOTIONS IN HEALTH AND ILLNESS
Emotions play an important role in our life. They give us energy to carry out the activity. They provide change and colour to life.
A positive emotion can improve the quality of life and improve health. People who are emotionally healthy are in control of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviour. They feel good about themselves and have good relationships.
A negative emotion prevents a person seeing and accepting life situations normally. Anger, fear, shame, guilt, arrogance, envy, jealousy, resentment, sadness, or disappointments are negative emotions expressed through the aggression and violence, as well as self-pity, loneliness, boredom, and inadequacy. Negative emotions can hamper health and happiness. poor emotional health can weaken the body’s immune system and increase one’s vulnerability to cold and other infections during emotionally difficult times, when negative feelings dominant in person depression can set in. when emotionally disturbed one will not be able to take care of health properly. The psychosomatic disorder usually applied when a person has physical symptoms that appear to be caused or worsened by psychological factors.
Homeopathic remedies can assist people who want to work on their emotional, mental, spiritual growth, and development. The remedies can help people who strive to achieve a more positive mindset and a feeling of wellbeing. Negative moods, thoughts, and actions can bring about imbalances which can manifest into physical complaints.
Homeopathic remedies can help support people who want to work on their challenges on all levels. The remedies can help people who strive to achieve a more positive mindset and a feeling of well-being. Negative moods, thoughts, and actions can bring about imbalances. Personality traits, such as impatience, fear, depression, bitterness, lack of self-confidence, or motivation affect a person’s vitality and can adversely affect health.
- Dismisses the state of internal conflict, which consists of a strong and unpleasant feeling that we are not okay, and therefore we are trying to cover up all those aspects of personality that can point to our flaw or weakness. People in this form consider that other would nor prefer them if they knew their real character. Attempt to hiding “dark” side makes people emotionally closed and they become secretive, sometimes even are lying, with the intent to conceal the truth.
- people who because of their own feeling of worthlessness humiliate others.
- the persons who dominate over the others and force them to satisfy their wishes. Those who need this remedy have problems with the liver and gallbladder.
- suits the persons with weak heart and pulse, who feel guilty related to emotions (issues of the heart), believing that they do not behave good.
- the persons who believe that God punished them for their mistakes.
- the persons who feel contaminated, because of which obsessively wash their hands.
- Helps people to stop thinking about the mistakes that have been done in the past in intimate relationships. They are too sensitive to accept criticism and do not express emotions, which leads to the accumulation of misunderstandings.
- Helps people who thinks of self-condensation, feeling of guilt after the expression of anger, suicidal thoughts due to feelings of done unforgivable sin, loathing of life.
Health can be affected from emotion suppression, let it be acute emotion suppression from immediate cause eg. punishment and humiliation in public or chronic emotion suppression that burden the person for long period of time. Suppressing the emotions, such as anger, sadness, grief or frustration, can lead to physical stress on your body.
- Suppression of emotions, anger, grief.
- Psoriasis after grief, suppressed emotions.
- Hemiplegia after anger.
- Is a great susceptibility to ailment from suppression of emotions.
- These people are quite sensitive. Morbidly sensitive; the least word that seems wrong, hurts her very much; Suppression is often related to being offended, feeling offended, and being overly sensitive in general Staph is easily offended, whether it be embarrassment over losing a job, disappointed love, being made to feel less, being abused, grief .
- This patient eventually reaches a point of absolute exhaustion from suppression. They become so tired, dull, and oversensitive to everything that their anger comes out quite violently in the form of throwing things and striking out.
- Emotions, long succession of moral emotion as grief; mental shock; unhappy love; homesickness; bad news.
- Ailments from grief.
- Suffers in silence.
- Weakness and enfeeblement of the emotional plane, progressing to the physical and mental planes. Frozen down’ emotions, Forgetfulness and weakness of memory, especially for words. Answers slowly. Can be a causative factor for early on set dementia or apathetic, burned-out state.
- Indifferent to all external events – wants to lie and watch TV. Slow to answer, slow grasp, can’t collect his ideas; hunts for words, poor memory. Irritable, doesn’t want to be bothered.
- Aliments from grief, emotional shock. This is usually the first remedy to try in the initial stages of grief. Ignatia is very suitable after all kinds of grief, including the end of a relationship or bereavement. The same may be said of persons needing Ignatia for grief. They tend not to openly express their grief and wish to be alone while grieving.
- Silent grief. Also, these persons sigh a lot. Or even laughing at times, alternating with periods when the grief is more strongly felt. Regarding the grief itself, they frequently do not want to talk about it.
- is a remedy of the sensitive, the easily excited: with incredibly rapid changes of mood.