Sports injuries are commonly caused by overuse, direct impact, or the application of force that is greater than the body part can structurally withstand.
Two kinds of sports injuries
- Acute injury: An injury that occurs suddenly, such as a sprained ankle caused by an awkward landing. Acute injury is present for less than 3 months.
- Chronic injuries: Caused by repeated overuse of muscle groups or joints. Poor technique and structural abnormalities can also contribute to the development of chronic injuries. Chronic injury is present for more than 3 months.
Types of sports injuries
- Sprains: Overstretching or tearing the ligaments results in a sprain. Ligaments are pieces of tissue that connect two bones to one another in a joint.
- Strains: Overstretching or tearing muscles or tendons results in a sprain. Tendons are thick, fibrous cords of tissue that connect bone to muscle.
- Achilles tendon rupture: The Achilles tendon is a thin, powerful tendon at the back of your ankle. During sports, this tendon can break or rupture. When it does, may experience sudden, severe pain and difficulty walking.
- Fractures: Bone fractures are also known as broken bones.
- Dislocations: Sports injuries may dislocate a bone in the body. When that happens, a bone is forced out of its socket. This can be painful and lead to swelling and weakness.
- Cramping of muscles
- Knee injuries: Any injury that interferes with how the knee joint moves could be a sports injury. It could range from an overstretch to a tear in the muscles or tissues in the knee.
- Swollen muscles: Swelling is a natural reaction to an injury. Swollen muscles may also be painful and weak.
- Rotator cuff injury: Four pieces of muscle work together to form the rotator cuff. The rotator cuff keeps the shoulder moving in all directions. A tear in any of these muscles can weaken the rotator cuff.
Homeopathy uses micro doses of natural substances that stimulate the body to heal itself. The original substance (from sources such as plants or minerals) is repeatedly diluted in water and successes (vigorously shaken) until, in most cases, no molecules of the initial substance are left. It seems that some information remains in the water and continues to have a medicinal action despite the absence of these molecules. The liquid “remedies” are then sprayed onto pellets, which are given at various dosing intervals to treat injuries. They will not interfere with conventional drugs, and side-effects are extremely rare. For an injured player, a specific remedy is chosen by matching the pattern of symptoms to the symptom complex the remedy has been known, through past experience, to cure.
The most amazing remedy. Arnica cream can also soothe sore muscles both before and after a workout. It is the first remedy called for after an injury, and thereafter in the treatment of most sports injuries. It deals with the immediate shock of the incident that has caused the injury, both at a mental and physical level. It can bring out and relieve bruising, swelling, and pain. It can speed recovery from muscle soreness after performance, and also from minor injuries. Homeopathy, in other words, offers a natural alternative treatment that can help the body heal instead of just covering up the pain.
Complaints from straining flexor tendons especially. Tendency to the formation of deposits in the periosteum, tendons, and about joints, especially wrist. Overstrain of ocular muscles. Sprains. Lameness after sprains. Injured “bruised” bones. Fractures & Dislocations. Hamstrings feel shortened. Tendons sore. Aching pain in tendo-achilles. Tennis Elbow.
Ailments from strains, over lifting. Hot, painful swelling of joints. Pains tearing in tendons, ligaments, and fascić. Better motion. Soreness of condyles of bones. The cold fresh air is not tolerated; it makes the skin painful. Numbness and formication, after overwork and exposure. Tenderness about knee-joint.
It is a great homeopathic antiseptic. Injury caused by Clean cut injury, Surgical cuts, Lacerated wounds, Suppurating wounds. It prevents suppuration, promotes healthy granulation of tissues & rapid healing. It is excellent Homeostatic.
It is useful in treating sprained joints, especially when the joint is heavily bruised, and there is a sensation of being cold, but which is made worse by applying heat, but better by applying ice.
A great remedy for injuries to nerves, especially of fingers, toes and nails. Crushed fingers, especially tips. Excessive painfulness is a guiding symptom to its use. Prevents lockjaw. Punctured wounds. Relieves pain after operations. Spasms after every injury.
Swelling of the foot after sprains.
It is especially indicated in bone disease non-union of fractured bones. It has a special affinity where bones form sutures or symphyses, and all its symptoms are worse from any change of weather. It helps to unite bones quickly.
It is considered to be orthopedic specific medicine. It is of great use in wounds penetrating to perineum and bones, and in non-union of fractures; It facilitates union of fractured bone by favoring production of Callus. Pain in eye after a blow of an obtuse body. For traumatic injuries of the eyes no remedy equals this.
Sprain of neck, lying on affected side.